Safety when power washing above foaming pits

Many of you have read the press reports of the tragic loss of life in a Minnesota nursery when 2 persons died from a fire when they began to power wash the empty room. While the investigation isn’t complete, I’ve worked with both the production company and the insurance company on this situation and the best guess so far is that the explosion was caused by a space heater igniting methane that accumulated as a result of power washing activities bursting the foam bubbles in the manure pit. Read More...