Take time off

It’s only 2 weeks until World Pork Expo in Des Moines. I plan on attending on Wednesday and Thursday and will be talking with many of the readers of this blog. The Expo is as much about the people attending as it is the trade show and seminars.

I leave for vacation tomorrow, returning in time for Expo. As I planned for this trip I realized I haven’t taken an extended period of time-off for several years, just a few days here and there at a time. The medical profession constantly reminds us that it is good to step back from our daily routines on occasion. Don’t follow my example of not stepping away enough – take time this summer to refresh your inner self and to let your family know how much they mean.

In a few weeks it will be 2 years since the death of my wife and the times we spent with family are my most treasured memories. Don’t let the pressures of pork production and your other agricultural pursuits prevent you from creating these important memories. You never know what the future holds so cherish today.

2 thoughts on “Take time off

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *